A six bedroom apartment has been gutted by fire at Pankrono-Estate in Kumasi of the Ashanti Region.

The fire destroyed several properties worth thousands of cedis, no casualties were recorded.

According to the tenants, the fire started from one bedroom around 6am on Saturday January 13, 2017 and quickly spread to the other apartments.

The tenants speaking to Abusua FM’s Osei kwadwo said the fire was caused by two children who were playing with matches in their father’s bedroom.

They slammed officers of the Ghana National Fire Service for not responding early to the distress call, a situation they claim caused the fire to spread to other parts of the house.