Fire has razed down a shop at Bantama market in the Kumasi metropolis.
The unfortunate incident which occurred Thursday March 1, 2018 around 8:30pm destroyed properties worth thousands of Ghana Cedis.
The fire destroyed properties such as pampers, provisions, plastic chairs and others.
It is unclear what triggered the fire but personnel of the fire service were able to douse the fire and prevent it from spreading to other shops.
An eyewitness Yaw Agalas speaking to Abusua FM’s Osei kwadwo said they suspect that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
Traders at Bantama market further put the blame on fire service personnel saying that if they had arrived in good time the situation would have been brought under control early.
“I heard explosion inside the shop and later realized that there is fire outbreak. From Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) to Bantama Market is less than 10 minutes drive but it took the fire officers more than hour to arrive here” the witness said.