Fire has gutted the Kitchen of Mansoman Senior High School in the Amansie West District of the Ashanti region.

The disaster which occurred around 5:35pm on Monday April 16, 2018 destroyed properties such as four refrigerators, one popcorn machine, 120 plastic bowl’s, seven bags of rice and many others.

Hon Appiah -Kubi Joseph the District Disaster and Operations officer Amansie West District who confirmed the incident to Abusua FM’s Osei kwadwo said home economics practical equipment were destroyed by the fire.

According to him, the fire was caused by an electrical power fluctuation.

He said it took the intervention of Nadmo Amansie west district and Bekwai fire service personnel to calm down the situation.

No casualties were recorded.