No matter how much you love each other, marriage is still a huge emotional and financial step to take as a couple.
There are so many pros and cons to weigh before tying the knot Can you ever know for sure when the right time to get married is? How does anybody know when they are ready to make that leap?
Here are some telltale signs that you’re ready to take the plunge:
- When you imagine your life years from now, you continuously visualize it with your partner. You can’t even imagine anything different.
- The thought of children — once so foreign and repulsive — becomes more and more amusing. You begin to envision routine parenting as something beautiful and endearing.
- The thought of making love to someone other than your partner disgusts you to the core. You cannot even fathom the possibility of another hand touching your body.
- You enjoy waking up next to your partner. On the off nights you don’t spend together, you miss his or her body next to you when you open your eyes in the morning.
- You find his or her dysfunctional family charming and eclectic.
- You inadvertently admire other people’s wedding bands.
- You start thinking about joint finances. You calculate the costs of selling your bachelor or bachelorette pad to afford a down payment on a real house.
- You enjoy the simple moments together. You don’t necessarily have to do something to enjoy your time together; whether it’s grocery shopping or watching television, you just appreciate being near him or her.
- You and your partner become each other’s cheerleaders. You bring out the best in each other and have each other’s backs.
- You trust your partner explicitly. There’s no other person in the world in whom you would rather confide.
Can you relate to this list? If so, you’re ready for marriage!