One child has been confirmed dead in the fire outbreak that ravaged Abuja, a slum community located behind the COCOBOD office in the central business district of Accra.
The remains of the nine months old baby has since been taken over by the Police and deposited at the morgue, according to the affected fire victims.
A Police officer who did not want his name to be mentioned because he was not authorized to speak on the matter also confirmed the death of the nine-month old baby to Kasapafmonline.com
The fire which started around 8:15pm Tuesday is reported to have been sparked by a candle which was lit by the mother of the deceased, Zalia, in one of the wooden structures where the baby was reportedly asleep.
The room was locked up with the mother said to have gone on errand.
It was the second time in two years and a third since 2007 that the area has been consumed by ravaging fire.
About two hundred structures have been burnt down with more than four hundred people displaced.
It took officials of the Ghana Fire Service over two hours to quench the inferno.