The Mayor of Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA), Dr. Alfred Oko Vanderpuije has paid a visit to Vienna City fire scene at Circle after the fire outbreak.
According to the Greater Accra Regional Fire Officer, ACFO Simpson the extent of damage to the facility which was razed down on Thursday could have been averted if the fire extinguishers were in a good condition.
Eyewitnesses attribute the cause of the fire at the entertainment center located in the heart of the capital, to a faulty air conditioner.
The air conditioner was said to have caught fire inside the bar of the facility which is located in the heart of a major business area in Ghana’s capital, Accra, and with five other branches across the country. Vienna City prides itself “as the biggest entertainment center in the country that whets the appetite of entertainment lovers”.
The Accra facility hosts events all year round, and is often frequented by prostitutes.
See Photos below…