Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr popularly known as Shatta Wale was adjudged BEST AFRICAN SONG/ENTERTAINER at this year’s International Reggae & World Music Awards (IRAWMA).
He beat off competition from Nigerian Singers: Flavor and Wizkid and Congolese musicians; Koffi Olomide and Maitre Gims to win the award.
The 35th International Reggae and World Music Awards was held at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts in Fort Lauderdale / Coral Springs, Florida on October 2, 2016.
The International Reggae & World Music Awards (IRAWMA), established in 1982 acknowledges and honors the accomplishments and contributions of reggae and world music artists, including: songwriters, performers, promoters and musicians.
Best African Song/Entertainer
- “selfie”-Koffi Olomide-Congo
- “Ololufa” -Flavor, featuring Chidinma-Nigeria
- “Final( Baba Nia)- Wizkid- Nigeria
- “Chop Kiss” Shatta Wale – Ghana —– WINNER
- “Sape Comme Jamais” Maitre Gims – Congo