A six months old child has met his untimely death after he was burnt while sleeping in his mother’s room at Nkwatia in the Kwahu East District of Eastern Region.

According to the land lady of the house, the matter came as a surprise because the room in question where the child reportedly got burnt did not have any electricity or any form of fire on sight which could have resulted in the burning of the room.

The Landlady who only gave her name as Maame Agoo, due to the love she has for Agoo FM revealed that the mother left the child in the care of his young sibling who obviously could not help the baby in any way.

Speaking to Ebenezer Kojo Nyavor, the landlady revealed the mother was nowhere to be found at the time of the incident.

She indicated that the child was rushed to the Atibie Government Hospital where they were referred to the Koforidua Hospital but unfortunately the child died..

The family does not want to attribute what happened to any spirituality yet until they are able to confirm exactly what happened.