The National Executive Committee of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) has appointed a five-member committee to supervise its national elections in June.
The committee is chaired by Smart Nkansah, former MUSIGA president Diana Hopeson as secretary, Rev. Dr Mary Ghansah, Lawyer Jonathan Cudjoe and Trigmatic.
The committee will supervise the filing and the nomination processes and take care of vetting those who will hope to occupy the various position. It will also work with the Electoral Commission of Ghana to ensure a free and fair election.
A road map released by MUSIGA has the following highlights:
1. Call for nominations – March 27
2. Close of nominations – April 17
3. Vetting of candidates – April 26
4. Exhibition of voters’ register – April 29
5. Voting in all regional capitals – June 26
6. The announcement of results – June 26
7. Inauguration of new executives – August 27
The MUSIGA elections will be held in all regional capitals, as stated in the amended MUSIGA constitution.
All members who hope to become president will have to pay GhC2,500 as filing fees; vice president hopefuls have to pay GhC2,000; General secretary aspirants will pay GhC1,500, while those going for the other remaining position will pay GhC1,000.