The 3 days workshop took place 21st, 23rd and 30th October. Participant were taken through Music Business operations in Ghana and the international market.
Linking creativity to business, was a key factor that the Speaker Mr. Benjamin Oduro Arhin Jnr stressed on while he further explained the Copyright Act and how artists and musicians should take it seriously to protect their artistic works.
He further expounded that every music instrumentalist, record producers, creative arts industry players and all that’s takes part in the business production of music should centre their ideas on entrepreneurship, backed with good financial management so that they can enjoy their labour at their old age.
Business Modules that favours music business and the arts are mostly not given the needed attention. And also lack of entertainment lawyers is also slowing down professionalism in the arts.
He made a passionate appeal to the Ghana School Law to look into instituting entertainment law program into their curriculum to help strengthen the creative arts businesses in the country.
He used the opportunity to express his gratefulness to the university’s authorities, lecturers and students. He extended an open invitation to the participants to his next two workshops in Ghana, firstly Ghana Poetry Festival at PAWA House and secondly the University Of Cape Coast, on Saturday 9th November and Thursday 14th November, respectively.
Some prominent participants were:
1. Rev. Bessa Simons MUSIGA (Acting President) incumbent Vice President
2. Prof. Yaw Owusu Frempong former Dean Of Legon Business School.
3. Rev. Fr. Dr Yeboah Senior lecturer UG.
4. Mr. Osei Korankyi the Famous Seperewa Player and a Lecturer UG
5. Mr. Aaron Bebe the famous Xylophone player and a lecturer UG.
6. Prof Austin Emielu visiting scholar from Nigeria.
7. Dr Cotter Harper
8. Madam Della Haze the Female Band Founder and Leader.
9. Dr Quaver the only Ventriloquist in Ghana.
10. Mr. John Edmundson Sam, Sound Design and Theatre Lecturer
Benjamin Oduro Arhin Jnr.
IP, Creative Arts Business and Entrepreneurship Consultant.
Contact +233 244174395