The 3-member committee tasked to probe the disturbances that led to the death of two persons at Ejura in the Ashanti Region has recommended the immediate transfer of the District Police Commander of Ejura, DSP Philip Kojo Hammond, for his incompetence in handling the chaos that occurred.

According to the committee, his relationship with the community seems to have been damaged beyond repairs hence he should be moved out to ensure peace in the area.

It further recommended the structural expansion of the Ejura Police Station and an increase in personnel.

The Committee also recommended that the Military Establishment review the actions of the Section on the ground, led by Lietenant Martin Opoku Adusei, for the inappropriate use of force, and apply appropriate sanctions.

These came to light after government on Monday released the 55-paged report which contains findings and recommendations, among other things, to forestall a recurrence of the incident at Ejura in any part of the country.

The Committee equally recomended the removal of the former Municipal Chief Executive, Salisu Bamba saying his continuous presence as MCE would exacerbate the already tense security situation in Ejura.

The Committee further recommended compensation for the families of the two deceased persons, namely, Abdul Nasir Yusif, and Murtala Suraj Mohammed. Adequate compensation, the committee said should also be paid to other injured persons, namely, Louis Ayikpa(20 years), Awal Misbau(16 years) and Nasif Nuhu(30 years).

The committee was made up of Justice George Kingsley Koomson, a justice of the Court of Appeal, Security Expert, Vladimir Antwi-Danso, and the Executive Director of Penplusbyte, Miss Juliet A. Amoah presented its findings to government.

Following the chaos, President Akufo Addo ordered Interior Minister Ambrose Dery to conduct a Public Inquiry into the circumstances that led to the Ejura killings.

Two people on Tuesday were shot dead while four others sustained various degrees of injuries at Ejura after security officers opened fire on angry youth protesting the murder of social activist Muhammed Ibrahim popularly known as Kaaka.

He is said to have had his head clubbed in his home Friday night by the assailants until he became unconscious and was rushed to the Ejura Government Hospital. He was later transferred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi where he died later.